-Mulches are materials placed over the soil surface to maintain moisture and improve soil conditions. Mulching is one of the most beneficial things a homeowner can do for the health of a tree. Mulch can reduce water loss from the soil, minimize weed competition, and improve soil structure. Properly applied, mulch can give landscapes a handsome, well-groomed appearance. Mulch must be applied properly; if it is too deep or if the wrong material is used, it can actually cause significant harm to trees and other landscape plants.
Benefits of Proper Mulching
- Helps maintain soil moisture. Evaporation is reduced, and the need for watering can be minimized.
- Helps control weeds. A 2″ to 4″ inch layer of mulch will reduce the germination and growth of weeds.
- Mulch serves as nature’s insulating blanket. Mulch keeps soils warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Many types of mulch can improve soil aeration, structure (aggregation of soil particles), and drainage over time.
- Some mulches can improve soil fertility. Ours is one such mulch since it is all natural without any preservatives.
- A layer of mulch can inhibit certain plant diseases.
- Mulching around trees helps facilitate maintenance and can reduce the likelihood of damage from “weed-whackers” or the dreaded “lawn mower blight.”
- Mulch can give planting beds a uniform, well cared for look.
We sell various kinds of mulches
Byproduct from our wood chipper from tree pruning and removal. They are a medium-sized solid material great for mulch!
Ground Wood Chips
Our standard wood chips that are re-ground. These higher quality wood chips provide a more uniform look. Great around plants!
All wood byproduct created from a grinder. This is shredded wood finer than wood chips for a more finished look.